Reviewing photos from my visit to Nicaragua in July of 2011, I happened upon this gem. I was visiting a remote village in the mountains in North-West Nicaragua in the department of Matagalpa, where Acción Médica Cristiana works to empower women and improve lives through small savings groups, a cow-bank program, health clinics, and other strategies. Their website: amcenglish.org.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Photo: Man holding passion fruit seedling at grafting training, Tiret Self-Help Group passion fruit farmers, Project Nurture, Tiret, Kenya.
- Photo: Women of Tiret Self-Help Group passion fruit farmers cooperative watching presentation, Project Nurture, Tiret, Kenya.
- Video: Harford School for Girls, Sierra Leone
- Girl's Boarding School, Moyamba, Sierra Leone
- Child and women of Kisumu, Kenya
- Atakpame, Togo
- Migrant Head Start Program, Lessie Bates Davis Neighborhood House
agriculture asia california central america children east africa health care kenya landscape mexico nicaragua nile photo photography photos response magazine south america travel umw united methodist women usa video website West Africa women