Reviewing photos from my visit to Nicaragua in July of 2011, I happened upon this gem. I was visiting a remote village in the mountains in North-West Nicaragua in the department of Matagalpa, where Acción Médica Cristiana works to empower women and improve lives through small savings groups, a cow-bank program, health clinics, and other strategies. Their website: amcenglish.org.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Video: Harford School for Girls, Sierra Leone
- Girl's Boarding School, Moyamba, Sierra Leone
- Magazine Article: The Umbrella, Southside Community Center, San Marcos, Texas
- Photo Gallery: Monterey Bay Aquarium, Monterey, California, USA
- Poisonous Gecko on tree in Amazon jungle, near Iquitos, Peru
- Photo: Woman applying ash as natural pesticide, Kilili Self Help Project, Kitale, Rift Valley province, Kenya.
agriculture asia california central america children east africa health care kenya landscape mexico nicaragua nile photo photography photos response magazine south america travel umw united methodist women usa video website West Africa women